Feel Better Quickly
Well-being is a vital component for both happiness & work effectiveness.
Below are some useful quick tips to help busy people cope with everyday stresses.
(* See below when your situation is more serious.)
- Take a 10 minute break, preferably outside and away from work pressures. Ideally you should do this every hour or so. Far from being a waste of time, brief breaks actually increase work efficiency & effectiveness.
- A brief meditation break will help clear your mind. Neural pathways, just like muscles, can’t keep working indefinitely. They need regular recovery time.
- Relax, shut your eyes & imagine a really peaceful place. For a few moments focus on the serenity, safety, sights & sounds of this place. You can even make this your special peaceful place for return visits. (Just make sure you are actually in a quiet, hassle-free environment.)
- Walk with arms swinging. It’s a bit surprising, but swinging arms is cheerful & improves mood.
- Do/say something nice to someone. It will be good for them, & make you feel good too. (Old Chinese saying – when you point the finger at someone three fingers point back at yourself.)
- Eat some fresh fruit for pleasure & nutrition.
- Connect with a friend. Humans are social animals. We need to talk & share.
- Stretch, particularly if you are sedentary for extended periods. Humans are made to move. Regularly getting up, moving & stretching is very beneficial.
- Accentuate the positive. Write down three things about yourself which you really like. (Forget about dislikes for now.) Then write three things others like about you. If you don’t know, ask!
- Develop clear career goals & action plans. While we all live in the present we also need to be positive about the future. Start planning now!
We can help: https://www.jiig-cal.com.au/
* NOTE: If these brief tips don’t work for you, then more in-depth assistance may be needed
There are many useful resources available for you.
Check out the links at https://www.jiig-cal.com.au/anxiety-career-planning/.